Friday, January 1, 2010

SO WHERE DO I GO FROM HERE?

You may have noticed that it's been some time since I updated my blog.  That's partly due to the fact that my schedule went crazy in November and December, between travel and the holidays.  But there's more to it.  I've been trying to figure out where to take my blog from here.

As you recall, I started blogging almost a year ago after attending a social media conference that inspired to start my own "journey from techno-dinosaur to social media wiz." Over the past months, I've written about Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and other online networking services.  In the process, I've learned a great deal about how to use these resources, and the benefits and downsides of each. I even dipped a toe briefly in SEO (search engine optimization) waters.

Now I'm at a point where  there's little I can write about social media that isn't redundant or old news to my readers.  Not that I've learned everything there is to learn--far from it--but I'm at the stage where further learning takes me into details and specificity that most of my readers don't really find very interesting.  (It's kind of like when you ask somebody the time and they tell you how to build a watch.)

So in future blogs, you'll see that I'm broadening my scope.  In addition to comments about new adventures in social media, you'll see a little public relations analysis, a bit of political and social commentary, and maybe even a book review or two.  If you have suggestions for things you'd like to hear more about, feel free to share them with me via email, stpaulgal@gmail.com, or via Twitter, www.twitter.com/stpaulgal49.

No comments:

Post a Comment