Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Interest Kindled: Update

Got my Kindle yesterday.  It was amazingly simple to set up.  I immediately downloaded three books for $9.99 each--a bargain, considering that I almost bought the three in hardcover last week at Barnes and Noble for more than $24 each.  So I've already paid for $45 worth of my Kindle.  The downloads are virtually instantaneous--I searched by author, found the titles I wanted immediately, and purchased them with one click.  (Actually, that may be a little TOO easy for book junkies like me...my spells could get serious when they're this easy, but at least they'll be cheaper.)  

Also downloaded subscriptions to a couple of newspapers and blogs, for 99 cents each. The device seems comfortable to hold and easy to read.  Cover should arrive today.  So far, I'm feeling good about my new techno-toy.  Can't wait to take it with me this weekend when I drive up to Duluth for my niece's wedding.  

Speaking of the wedding, we are all breathing easier knowing that Jenny and Trav, the soon-to-be-newlyweds, will be honeymooning in the Bahamas instead of Cancun.  I was having a hard time imagining them spending their honeymoon wearing surgical masks, and trying to avoid places where other people might be breathing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment